- Page Size: Create your pages to the final, correct trim size of your publication. Incorrect page sizes will affect the way graphics and text elements fit in the final printed product. The type should be centered on the page for the width and placed correctly in the vertical position.
- Bleeds: You must allow for bleeds by creating elements with 9 pts or 1/8” past the trim in any bleed direction. Failure to extend bleeds correctly may result in white areas where the image should be or images appearing incorrectly on facing pages.
- Live Area: All text and images (except for bleeds) must be 1/4” from trim. Failure to allow sufficient live area may result in text or page elements trimming off in the final printed product.
- RGB: Convert all RGB colors to CMYK in a graphic editing program such as Photoshop or Illustrator. Although our system will convert RGB to CMYK, the result is often less than desirable.
- Rule Weights: Using predefined “hairline” rules in many applications creates problems in output. The minimum designation for hairline rules should be .25 points to help ensure uniformity. Our system will automatically adjust hairline rules to this minimum.
ACAMS Today Advertising Submission Guidelines
To create print-ready files and to minimize potential problems, please follow the guidelines below: