Thirty million people are affected by modern-day slavery. Women and girls make up 98 percent of the world's sexually exploited and 12 to 14 is the average age girls are being sexually exploited in the U.S. Not For Sale (NFS), a non-profit organization, helps protect people and communities around the world from modern-day slavery and human trafficking. NFS achieves this goal by providing safety, stability, life skills, job training, and employment opportunities for survivors and at-risk communities.
Since 2013, the Greater Twin Cities Chapter has helped promote NFS Twins Game Day. This year, the NFS Twins Game Day will take place on Saturday, September 19, 2015. The NFS Twins Game Day is rather unique—professional sports teams or team members donate a portion of their salary and time to help support the fight against trafficking. As a chapter, we help support the event by inviting our chapter attendees, as well as the broader community that is passionate about ending this crime. The Minnesota Twins donate a portion of the ticket sales to NFS. Talk about teamwork!
This year we are looking to make the NFS Twins Game Day a more family-centered event by having a Saturday game. We are looking to include pre-game activities and gathering in order to raise awareness and enjoy the Minnesota September weather. In the past, members of the NFS team shared updates on their efforts against modern-day slavery. Final details are being worked out to include local celebrity players in the pre-event and pre-game presentation!
Tickets to the NFS Twins Game Day can be purchased starting today! Tickets will be available until they are sold out. Last year, they expanded the section availability to be able to donate more to this cause and raise awareness!
Moreover, NFS will be making stops at other baseball stadiums around the U.S. Here is where they are headed:
- August 2, 2015: San Jose Earthquakes at Avaya Stadium
- August 21, 2015: Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park
- August 23, 2015: San Diego Padres at Petco Park
- September 15, 2015: New York Mets at Citi Field
- TBD: Los Angeles Dodgers, Dodger Stadium
- TBD: Miami Marlins, Marlins Park
To view more information on their tour lineup, click here.
There are many other ways you can help support NFS and join the fight against modern-day slavery. You can:
- Donate- http://notforsalecampaign.org/donate/
- Volunteer- http://volunteer.notforsalecampaign.org/
- Join the Not For Sale Throwdown Movement- https://notforsalecampaign.org/throwdown/
- Help spread the word- https://notforsalecampaign.org/throwdown/spread-the-word/